What play format/system do we follow during Adults Recreational Sessions?
We use a system of categorising all recreational players based on their self-perceived skill level. At the start of every session, every recreational player must register their presence by writing their names on magnetic flash cards. Those cards will then be placed in the “Parking” column of the magnetic board. Recreational Commission members in charge, will collect all Flash cards from the Parking section, and allocate players in court, which in turn ensures players are organized as per standard of their play in each court. There will be whistle or horn after every 20-mins to rotate all the recreational players.
Whom does this system apply to?
This system ONLY applies to the Recreational Division of the Sport N Socialize club. The players under the competitive division Rudra United will also be allowed to be part of the system, if they would like to. During the competitive season (typically from September till early February), attempts will be made by Technical Commission and Recreational Commission to reserve some courts for Rudra United players to practice for their matches. After the season finishes, all Rudra United players are expected to leverage the Magnetic Board system. In other words, there will be NO reserved courts for only Rudra United players once the competitive season finishes.
Which type of shuttles will be used during the Recreational session?
Yonex Mavis 200/300 Nylon shuttles will be used, which will be provided by the club. If some player(s) prefer to play using Feather shuttles, they need to source for it themselves in agreement with their partners/opponents.
What is a Magnetic Board system and how does it work?
A magnetic board has Columns representing court numbers (1,2,3, etc.) and Rows representing fixed time slots of 20 mins of play.
- 1st play session of the day court and players will be organized via recreational commission members in charge of the day as per players standards.
- Between each game transition break of 2-3 mins will be provided, in turn used by players themselves for re-organising flash cards in magnetic board.
- End of each session 20 mins players will be alerted via whistle / horn sound, during this alert all players should stop the game and step out of court and re-allocate themselves for next play session court.
- A maximum of 4 magnets can be placed in a box indicating a Doubles Match taking place.
- A minimum of 2 magnets indicates a Singles Match taking place on the respective court number.
- In case of players waiting for their turn to play due to lack of available spots/courts, the precedence always goes to Doubles Match over Singles Match to ensure everyone gets a chance to play. However, should there be empty courts available, those could be used for playing Singles Matches as well.
- Note: Players should relocate only their personal magnets not others / in preference to a friend.
- Only after alert / horn announcement, players are allowed to restructure their magnet to the next slot. Moving the magnet before the end of the time slot is not permitted.
- Someone who has been waiting on the sidelines for an ongoing timeslot to finish and get a chance to play, are permitted to place the magnets for an upcoming slot in advance, before the end of the ongoing slot.
- If a player / team playing on any of the courts, and their magnet not corresponding on the respective box of the magnetic board will be requested to step outside.
- Not all courts might be usable for conduction of Recreational Play. For e.g., some of those might be reserved for conducting Trainings. Such courts will have a Magnetic Patch called “Reserved”. The Technical Commission members will oversee putting up “Reserved” patches for no more than 5 courts at a time.
- Player part of training session / competitive play, who would like to unite for play session with non-training / competitive players should enroll their name in magnetic board and follows above-described procedure.
- Team / players who has been identified as playing in consecutive members will be requested to step out and re-shuffle.
Note: Magnetic flash cards should be handover to organizers / placed in completed session of magnetic board at end of each play day session
Can the guests/visitors participate using the Magnetic Board system?
Yes, Guests can also leverage the same system to participate in the Recreational Sessions.
Who do I contact for help regarding the Magnetic Board system?
Recreational Commission members on each play day session are listed below, can be contacted for any help:
- Tuesday – Sylvia Klop / Poonam Singh
- Friday – Mahibalan Murugan / Shyam Lalgudi Krishnakumar
- Sunday – Himanshu Ranjan / Sudheer Koteshwara
What are some of the rules/expectations from players?
- Sport N Socialize will always aim to be an inclusive club for all her members. It is expected that every member strives to uphold the principle of being inclusive in every session they participate in.
- While it is acknowledged that, at times, it is desirable to play and practice with preferred and/or same set of players (for e.g., with friends, players at a similar skill level), we also expect that players do not form “groups” among themselves, which might not portray being inclusive for others who would also like a chance to play together. A good rule of thumb (not a hard rule) is to avoid playing with same set players for more than 2 consecutive time slots, if possible.
- When all members consciously attempt to play with all players, most of the members end up having a good and productive time at the club, with also an opportunity to build friendships with one another.
If you have more questions on this system and expectations from all players, please write to email@example.com.
Thank you and let us all strive to be sportive and inclusive members of OUR Sport N Socialize club
Sport N Socialize | Rudra United