Sport N Socialize Membership Terms & Conditions
(September 2023- August 2024)
Sport N Socialize has a clear 3-fold mission:
- Promote Networking, Socializing and Healthy lifestyle via the medium of playing Sports together.
- Be one of the most inclusive, international, economical and flexible Badminton Clubs in the Netherlands region.
- Groom Talent from a young age and create opportunities for the Youth to potentially become professional sports players in the future.
This page details Terms and Conditions of the Sport N Socialize (also referred to as ‘SnS’ below) Membership Plan. The membership plan in effect is meant for participants subscribing to playing sport of Badminton organized and hosted by Sport N Socialize (KvK number: 80223982).
- Season – The period from September till August of the following year.
- Membership – An agreement made between the player and the SnS club, for the player to be a part of the SnS organisation.
- Recreational Adults – Non-competitive Adults registered under Recreational Adults wing of the SnS organisation.
- Rudra United – Seniors Competitive wing of SnS organization.
- Eindhoven Badminton Academy: Officially certified Badminton Academy for Youth Talent Development which is a part of SnS organisation. Also, referred to as EBA below.
- Recreational Youth – All Youth members registered with Eindhoven Badminton Academy, who are not (yet) a part of Elite Youth Talent Development Program.
- Elite Youth – Youth selected by EBA’s coaching team to participate in the EBA’s intensive Elite Youth Talent Development Program.
SnS currently offers 2 types of memberships for all her members.
- Monthly membership: Monthly membership gives flexibility to contribute on a Monthly basis. Monthly members are also free to terminate their membership anytime during an ongoing season.
- Annual membership: Annual membership offers a more economical option for players which spans for the entire season (typically from September – August). However, an Annual membership is also a commitment for the entire season, and it is not possible to terminate one’s membership during an ongoing season.
Elite Youth Talent Program participants are also required to be Annual members of the club. Their contributions will be collected either on a Quarterly or an Annual basis. Their contributions will be collected at the start of the season (typically in September).
An overview of Membership contributions are available here.
General Conditions for all Members:
- Sporting equipment: Nylon Badminton Shuttles (typically Yonex Mavis 200 or equivalent) will be made available by the club. However, other personal gear such as rackets, shoes, etc. are expected to be arranged by the members/players themselves. There is currently no provision of borrowing any equipment from SnS club.
- Venue/Facility: SnS organised Badminton events need renting of an indoor facility (for example, Sport halls). Such facilities are often reserved for an entire season spanning over 10-12 months depending on the number of expected members. This helps ensure optimal use of the facility as well as being able to mitigate potential financial losses. There are also instances when venues are unavailable for variety of reasons beyond SnS’s control (for e.g., scheduled maintenance, public holidays, etc.). In such cases, attempts will be made to arrange a replacement of venue in a reasonable proximity from the “regular” venue, however, it is not guaranteed. The members will also be notified of the arrangement, at minimum, 1 week prior to the date of planned event. The timing of sports event, if at all required to be changed, will also be attempted to be retained as close to “regular” time slot as possible.
- Contribution collection: The membership costs are to be collected using the Automatic Debit facility only. The new members may need to transfer the membership costs using a provided one-time direct payment link to enable Automatic Debit facility.
- In event of sport facilities not being available for a particular day (for instance, due to public holidays), the cost contribution will not be adjusted for that month.
Adults Membership Conditions:
- While applying for SnS’s membership, the participants are expected to choose the planned weekday(s) and number of times per week they would like to play. Accordingly, their Monthly or Annual contribution will be determined. A member can leverage an ‘Ad hoc’ day, for playing an extra day for which they are not registered for.
- For Monthly membership, the contribution will be collected via automatic debit on a monthly basis. In a situation where a member is not able to play for a particular day(s) they are registered for, the membership costs will not be adjusted, transferred forward or refunded to the member in any fashion.
- While updating the membership plan for an upcoming period is always possible, switching of “playing day” within a month isn’t currently being permitted. For example, let’s consider the case for a member who has chosen to play 1 time/week on Tuesdays. If he/she isn’t able to play on a Tuesdays for particular week, it is not possible to “shift” the play day on Saturday. He/she may choose to sign-up for an ‘Ad hoc’ day and then still join the sport event at a member’s rate.
- It is not permitted for registered Adult players to invite their family members or friends, without prior notification to the SnS Club Administrators.
EBA Youth Membership Conditions:
- While applying for EBA’s membership, the participants are expected to choose the planned weekday(s) and number of times per week when they would like to train at EBA. Accordingly, their Monthly or Annual contribution will be determined.
- in a situation where a member is not able to participate in a particular session they are registered for, the membership costs will not be adjusted, transferred forward or reimbursed to the member in any manner.
- While updating the membership plan for an upcoming period is always possible, switching of “training day” within the week/month is not permitted. For example, let’s consider the case for a member who has chosen to train 1 time/week on Saturday. If he/she isn’t able to play on a Saturday for particular week, it is not possible to “shift” the play day to a Wednesday.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible to ensure that their kids are not intentionally/unintentionally causing disruption during the concurrently ongoing “recreational” event.
- Parents are not permitted to play themselves when Youth Training sessions are underway, as it causes distraction for the kids as well as the coaches.
- During an ongoing training session, the parents are expected to be silent viewers of the session. Parents must refrain from instructing, cheering, or offer any form of vocal or non-vocal feedback to their kids. Such acts not only may distract the kids but also EBA’s coaching staff.
Change/Cancellation to/of Membership:
- Changes to membership: In case of any updates to the membership plan (for example, opting for more days of plays, changing the “play days”, opting for training, etc.), those have to be notified to the firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th calendar day of the preceding month.
- Termination: Only Monthly members can terminate their membership during an ongoing season. Requests to terminate the membership have to be submitted using the Membership Termination Form by 20th calendar day of the preceding month. Annual members cannot terminate their membership in the middle of the season. Annual members are required to notify by 01-Jun of every year regarding their intent to terminate membership for the upcoming season.
- In case of any updates to Members personal details (for example, change of bank account number, change of email address, etc.), members are expected to notify SnS (email@example.com) as promptly as possible, to ensure smooth continuation of membership plan.
- There is no refunds policy for players registered under following categories:
- Recreational Adults
- Rudra United Adults Players
- Recreational Youth
- EBA’s Elite Youth Talent Development Program participants will have a right to claim a refund to their contributions only in the case of an injury resulting in inability to participate in Elite Youth Talent Program as well as any sporting activities for the remainder of the season from the date of injury being reported to the EBA. A refund of 50% will be offered to such members, for the proportional duration for which they were not able to participate in the Elite Youth Talent Development Program. This refund will be processed only by end of the season.
SnS is not liable/responsible for any accidents, injuries, thefts, losses or other unforeseen untoward incident taking place during the planned sporting sessions or events conducted by Sport N Socialize.
Governance of Terms and Conditions:
This ‘Terms and Conditions’ document is subject to frequent revision to reflect changes to the membership related aspects. All members will be notified via provided email every time the document is updated. Any questions or suggestion to amend the Terms and Conditions should be submitted to SnS organisers via an email.